- Used for surface sample collection mission, focusing on non-metallics minerals (for metallic minerals see Mineral Detector)
- Radar dish and green side dishes are used for scanning surfaces, front computer used for pre-flight configuration
- If an interesting area is identified, the shuttle will land and the explorer can collect, analyse further with the tools carried with him
- Samples are stored in the sample container
- Computer connected to the sample containers allows to run first analysis on the samples, such as mass spectroscopy.
- IR lamps (front and on engines) are used for low light condition flights